Who We Are
West Michigan Community Bank was founded on the same principles that make West Michigan an excellent place to live, work, and raise a family - a strong work ethic, prudent fiscal stewardship, and the willingness to always lend a helping hand. Our team lives and works in the community. Our children attend the schools. Bank employees attend church, coach little league, and volunteer at numerous non-profit organizations.
For over 45 years we’ve served West Michigan with a focus on our community, customers, and employees. We believe in building strong relationships by providing service that is knowledgeable, responsive, and in the customer’s best interest. Rated 5-Stars by Bauer Financial and recipient of the 2017 Hudsonville Area Chamber of Commerce Business of Excellence Award, our goal is to gain market share and grow the bank through talented, experienced, and committed staff.
We take pride in our local decision making as well as being privately owned. Headquartered in Hudsonville, we have seven offices located in Grand Rapids, Jenison, Hudsonville, Zeeland, Holland, and Cascade.
West Michigan Community Bank, where relationships matter!
To be the premier community banking franchise in West Michigan.
At WMCB, we actively promote inclusive practices in order to best meet the needs of our customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Through inclusive practices, we aim to reflect our commitment to the wider community and thrive from the creativity, innovation, and broader perspectives that reside in diversity.
Values & Principles
- We commit to providing customers an exceptional experience, serving them with excellent products and services that exceed their expectations and provide value to the relationship.
- We commit to actively listening to customers’ needs and keeping their best interests in mind as we serve them.
- We commit to honesty, integrity, and transparency in all our interactions.
- We commit to a genuine respect for each individual and confidentiality in all our dealings.
- We commit to teamwork, helping each other meet our goals and celebrating other’s success.
- We commit to honesty, fairness, and respect; always keeping our fellow employees' interest in mind.
- We commit to challenging each other to do our best, accepting criticism and direction with a positive attitude toward improvement.
- We commit to providing education, training, and opportunity for all of our team members so they may advance both personally and professionally.
- We commit to a diverse workforce, which reflects the communities we serve.
- We commit our time, talents, and resources to make our community a better place to live.
- We commit to maintaining our facilities as a community asset.
- We commit to financial support to meet the social, artistic, and physical health of our local area.
- We commit to being an economic asset, serving our customers and communities to the best of our abilities and resources.
- We commit to meeting the bank’s financial and operating goals, to generate increasing value for our shareholders.
- We commit to representing our ownership group in the most professional, positive, and ethical way as we interact with customers, our community and each other.
- We commit to financial integrity and strength, supporting the capital needs of a successful and growing organization.
- We commit to superior risk management, protecting the investment in our banking franchise.