Health Savings Accounts
Available for those with a qualified, high-deductible health plan who always want to be one step ahead. Set aside money today for your future medical needs with a low opening deposit and no minimum balance for the first year. First order of specialty checks and HSA debit card provided at no charge.
Frequently asked questions...
- What is a Health Savings Account?
- A special type of account where you can save for future medical expenses.
- What are the advantages of a Heath Savings Account?
- Security – Your high deductible insurance plan and HSA may protect you against high or unexpected medical bills.
- Affordability – Lower your health insurance premiums by switching to health insurance coverage with a higher deductible.
- Flexibility – Use the funds to pay for expenses that your insurance may not cover or save for future medical needs.
- Ownership – Funds remain in the account from year to year. There are no "use it or lose it" rules for HSAs.
- Who makes contributions to my HSA?
- You or your employer, or both of you may make contributions.
- How do contributions work?
- Contributions are limited annually by federal law. For more information on contribution limits, click here.
- See your tax preparer for details on HSAs and deductibility.
The U.S. Department of the Treasury's web site has additional information about Health Savings Accounts and links to other helpful web sites. Treasury's HSA web site can be found at www.treas.gov.