Health Savings Accounts
West Michigan Community Bank has HSAs for your employees! Our HSAs earn a very competitive, variable interest rate.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Health Savings Account?
- A special type of checking account where your employees can save for future medical expenses. This account has no minimum balance for the first year.
Why offer this to my employees?
- If you are offering a high deductible insurance plan that keeps rates low for your employees, allow us to assist you and your staff members by setting up a Health Savings Account at WMCB. This is a great benefit to offer your staff.
How do my employees contribute to their HSAs?
- Through our Cash Management department, we can assist you and your employees by setting up a direct deposit into the account, regardless of who is contributing.
- Employees can also deposit funds personally at any WMCB branch or electronically as well.
How much can be contributed?
- Contributions are limited annually by Federal Law. For more information on contribution limits, click here.
- See your tax preparer for details on HSAs and deductibility.
How can my employees access this account?
- Customers will receive their first complementary pack of checks as well as a debit card.
- The funds may remain in the account through the end of the year, there is no "use it or lose it" policy on this account.
The U.S. Department of the Treasury's web site has additional information about Health Savings Accounts and links to other helpful web sites. Treasury's HSA web site can be found at www.treas.gov.